N
Posted By
ninjasavant
Aug 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, maybe somebody knows the answer to this. When I have something selected, pressing Shift+Ctrl+I doesn’t select inverse or do anything. Anybody else run into this. Deleting prefs doesn’t fix it and every other keyboard shortcut I use works fine. What the dilly? Thanks

-ninja

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave milbut
Aug 5, 2003
stuck key? some other app stealing crtl or shift?
CW
Colin Walls
Aug 5, 2003
Isn’t that one of the keys that the IM application [can’t recall the name]steals?
RB
Rich Beardsley
Aug 5, 2003
can’t recall the name

Trillian. And yes that’s one of the key’s it steals.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 5, 2003
I’m pretty sure trillian steals Alt. Not sure about the others.
RB
Rich Beardsley
Aug 5, 2003
If you go into the trillian preferences, then select Events, then click on the advanced tab you can remove the hot key associations. I believe there are three it steals.
CW
Colin Walls
Aug 5, 2003
And I used to think that Trillian was a woman in H2G2 …
KE
karina eeckhout
Sep 11, 2003
Thanks to Rich (#6 of 7). I am HAPPY again!
K
RB
Rich Beardsley
Sep 11, 2003
I am HAPPY again

My work here is done 🙂 Glad to help.
AF
andy foltz
Sep 12, 2003
WOW! Thanks! I’ve been wondering about this problem for ages! In fact I did a search the other day on the forums and couldn’t find anything. Now the mystery is solved. Woohoo!
SS
Susie_Sahim
Oct 14, 2003
OMG! I’ve been wondering about that! I just kind of stumbled onto this post and wow! I would have NEVER thaught it was Trillian. Thanks Rich!
SU
Shivarama_Udupa
Oct 14, 2003
Yes. I too had the same problem. Did some research and found out that the IM program ICQ has stolen the key!
RB
Rich_Beardsley
Oct 14, 2003
Your welcome XD

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections