M
Posted By
madra
Aug 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
well, as i mentioned in my other thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc1623a>, i’ve been wrestling with the thorny issue of creating my own web template for the "automate > web gallery" action. in spite of a few hiccups and the less than helpful documentation, i’ve managed to complete my template and ensure the code i’ve written will successfully validate as XHTML 1,1 strict.

and therein lies the rub – the HTML that the ‘web photo gallery’ action outputs to replace tokens such as %THUMBNAILSROWS% generates such sloppy HTML that when i generate a web gallery, the code photoshop has added to the pages means they won’t even validate as HTML 4 – never mind XHTML!

tagnames in upper-case, unquoted attributes, the use of border and name attributes within image tags, no trailing slash on ‘<br>’ tags… and so on.

does anyone know if the script which the "automate > web photo gallery" action uses is stored anywhere in an editable form, so that i might try and tweak it to produce some slightly more law-abiding code? i’ve looked seemingly everywhere; in the photoshop CS folder and in the various library/application support folders at various levels of the system, but i can’t find anything that corresponds to this action.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections