D
Posted By
DavidMacD
Aug 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently I had to do a re-install of my OS X. I did an archive and install to restore my old settings.

This has not worked entirely with PhotoShop. It starts and runs OK but every time I start up I get a message "One or more files in the Adobe Appication Support folder, necessary for running photoshop are missing. Please run the photoshop installer and re-install photoshop".

When I try to do this I get another message "Photoshop CS2 cannot be installed because a previous installation of Photoshop CS2 was detected on your system. Please remove Photoshop CS2 before installing again3.

I have tried deleting the PS folder and all PS files that I can find in the library but the installer still insists that CS 2 is still installed.

How do I remove it entirely so as to get a clean re-install?

Sorry for such a dumb basic question but I can find no uninstaller in the PS folder nor help on how to remove CS 2 by searching either CS 2’s help files, the installation CD’s readmes, or Adobe’s online knowledge base.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

David Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
by_Buko
Aug 25, 2006
Please read the FAQ about can’t drag and drop it holds the solution to the issue without reinstalling.
D
DavidMacD
Aug 26, 2006
Buko

Thanks – Worked like a dream.

So much to learn – so little time.

David Mac
BB
by_Buko
Aug 26, 2006
You are welcome!
DC
Dyango_Chavez
Nov 9, 2006
Hi,

I am having the same problem, and I don’t know which FAQ are you refering to in your email. Please let me know how I can find this solution.
Thanks,
D
B
Buko
Nov 9, 2006
I don’t know which FAQ are you refering to in your email.

the one with the words drag and drop in the title.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections