GA
Posted By
Gregory_A._Moore
Aug 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photo that has different lighted areas. What I want to do is to have a balanced image with equal lighting across the image.

What is the best way to do this? The image is a black & white image.

G. Moore

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 25, 2006
First, without seeing the image, you need to make value judgements on which areas need treatment. If it is in general areas, you can start with a new adjustment layer (which will not damage your original image and still allow you to make further adjustments after you save) and make selections of the general areas (I would use the pen tool, then turn that into a selection) using the lasso tool and setting a feather of 18 to 32 for starters, then (command-M) make a curves adjustment to see if you are getting the result you want.

Back up and adjust your settings, feathering, accordingly as you go – that is the beauty of using adjustment layers.

If it is in sharp, delineated areas, you will need to make more specific selections and then go about adjusting curves for that area again.

Post a link to your pic if you can so we can see and better advise.

Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections