Posted By
uzapuca
Aug 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi forum,

1 – I would like to do some curved pictures in photoshop wrapping a World glob. Does anybody knows how to do that?

2 – I would like have a large image to be divided into rectangles or margins which I could still the the Picture as a whole but with the margin division. That is an effect applied in many places, but I not sure I am explaning ok.

Thanks for any help and Best,
Sebastiao

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
Larryr544
Aug 26, 2006
How about 3D transform filter?
AR
alan_ruta
Aug 27, 2006
I’ve never used the 3D transform filter (I’m not even sure where it is). The few times I’ve had to do what I think you want I used a 3d rendering program Strata 3d. I don’t know enough about 3d software to review it but wrapping a picture around a sphere is strata 101.

It is so simple. One creates a sphere–about the easiest thing to do in 3d sw and then selects a image to map to the sphere. All done.

This might be a link to a demo.

<http://www.strata.com/strata3d_demo.asp>

alan
P
PECourtejoie
Aug 27, 2006
The 3d transform filter is in the goodies folder of your install CD.

For 2, I am not sure about "which I could still the the Picture as a whole but with the margin division"

To cut an image in parts for a website, with faster loading of small images rather than a big one, slices will be your tool.

If you just want to add borders on top of your image, use the shape tools (make sure that you are in vector shape mode with the three buttons at the beginning of the option bar), create your borders, add a stroke layer style, and lower the fill opactity of that layer.

Pierre-Etienne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections