MD
Posted By
mary_daugherty
Feb 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to use the "Attach to Email" command on my Photoshop Elements program my old email program (Netscape) comes up. I am no longer with Netscape, I use Outlook Express instead. How can I change to Outlook Express and have it come up as my default sender?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 1, 2004
In one of the Control Panels of your computer you’ll find a place where the default e-mail program can be chosen. That’s probably still set to Netscape. If you post platform and operating system specs, somebody can probably give you detailed instructions on how to change it.
MD
mary_daugherty
Feb 2, 2004
Thanks Beth – I did go to Control Panel and I still don’t know how to change it. I’m not very good at this computer stuff! I’m using a Windows 98 program if anyone can be more more specific with me.
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 2, 2004
We’ll have to wait for someone else to come up with the path in Win 98. I use Macs and XP Pro and don’t remember exactly how to change the default e-mail app in Win 98. But if you want to look, try Control Panels>Internet, and then see if you can find a tab for Web and/or E-Mail. It’s been so long that they’re all running together in my mind. 🙁
MD
mary_daugherty
Feb 2, 2004
Well, Beth, something is happening. I still can’t use the "Attach to Email" command, but I did get rid of Netscape. Now I’m getting a message that says "It is necessary to log on or establish an email account within your mail program before you can attach to email". I do have Outlook Express running and it is listed in the Control Panel as my email server. I don’t know how else to establish an email account. Thanks for your input – I appreciate it.
RK
Ray Kasprzak
Feb 2, 2004
Go to Outlook Express, Tools, Options. At the bottom check make this my default email.

wrote in message
Well, Beth, something is happening. I still can’t use the "Attach to
Email" command, but I did get rid of Netscape. Now I’m getting a message that says "It is necessary to log on or establish an email account within your mail program before you can attach to email". I do have Outlook Express running and it is listed in the Control Panel as my email server. I don’t know how else to establish an email account. Thanks for your input – I appreciate it.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 2, 2004
Mary

When you click on the Outlook Express icon doesn’t it prompt you by saying would you like to make this your default mail reader?

G.
MD
mary_daugherty
Feb 2, 2004
Hi Grant – No it doesn’t give me any prompts – if I double click, it just takes me to my Inbox. If I right click there are a list of items but none that say anything about making it my default mail reader. It doesn’t seem like it should be this difficult! I don’t know anyone else who seems to have this problem!!!
MD
mary_daugherty
Feb 2, 2004
Hi again Grant – You were right. I went back again to the icon and did a little more studying on the properties. I did find where I could make it my default. I did it and it worked. I’ve been fussing with this for hours. It feels good to finally get it taken care of. Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections