Posted By
sashapave
Aug 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but my searches didn’t yeild any response.

Photoshop CS2: I’d like to see if there’s a way to deselect the type tool without having to use the mouse.

Typically, when finished entering/modifying text, you must use the mouse and select another tool from the palette in order to commit the changes.

If you use the ESC key, type is deselected, but you lose your changes.

If it’s not possible, then may I please request the feature? Perhaps it’s a preference for ESC key behavior using the type too. Option 1: undo type changes. Option 2: commit and deselect.

Thanks very much,
Sasha Pave
CNET

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 24, 2006
when finished entering/modifying text, you must use the mouse and select another tool from the palette in order to commit the changes.

Try hitting the "Enter" key (NOT the Return or Escape keys).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections