KL
Posted By
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jan 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While working in PE, enhancing and printing, prints started to come through with vertical white stripes. Ink level shows color cartridge to be half full. Cleaned off cartridge nozzles, but it has made no difference. Have Lexmark printer, DELL 8200 computer, Win -XP. Obtained test page generated via printer alone, i.e. without the computer, and that does not show the stripes. I also have an older HP printer, and here the stripes show up as well.
Next, printed from MGI Photosuite and from Broderbund Printmaster card program, and stripes show up with these two programs as well. Need help.
Ken

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 31, 2004
Kenneth,
How about a little more info ? Are the stripes equally spaced , or somewhat randomly spaced ? What is the ppi resolution of the image ( hopefully a nice even number like 240 ppi, or 300 ppi, rather than a fractional ppi , e.g. 260.27 ppi ) .

😕

Brent
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 1, 2004
Brent,
The stripes are evenly spaced. PPI=300, no fractions.
Ken
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 1, 2004
And they don’t line up with any physical features of your printer, like guides wheels or rollers ?
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 1, 2004
Having this happen on two different printers but not when printing the printer self-test, makes me wonder about a computer system issue, like not enough contiguous space for the print spooler, or something like that. The printers aren’t sharing a printer cable are they, or a A-B switchbox ?

😕
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 1, 2004
No. They are absolutely evenly spaced. Looks like a vertical grid, no deficiency in the horizontal axis.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 1, 2004
Old printer is still hooked up to parallet cable. Newer printer on USB. Latter is default printer
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 1, 2004
Grrr!

Do you happen to have Acrobat, so you could print to Distiller and then examine that file ?
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 1, 2004
Have you considered giving your monitor to Jodi, and then smacking the rest of your computer with a BIG hammer !?

🙂
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 1, 2004
Only have Acrobat Reader
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 1, 2004
Brent, awwwwwh, you are sooooo sweeeeet 😉
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 1, 2004
Ken,
Let us know if you make any progress on this. It’s a little out of the ordinary, I’d say !

🙂

Brent
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 1, 2004
Brent,
Will contact Lexmark tomorrow – they are closed on week-ends. Will post subsequently. Thanks for your on-going concern.
Ken
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 2, 2004
Brent,
Lexmark could not talk me through fixing it with several maneuvers, and they will send out a replacement printer this week. Talked to some nice techs in the process.
Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections