J
Posted By
jaymarino
Sep 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use a Spyder to calibrate my laptop’s monitor.
If I view the file in CS2 the faces all look flushed, very red and saturated. If I view the same image in Windows XP it looks normal.
Any ideas why I would have such a difference between the same file on the same computer?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 16, 2006
The most likely culprit of the results you describe is due to an improperly calibrated monitor. Windows is not color managed, so any embedded color information is ignored. Photoshop is reading that color information, so if it doesn’t look right, it means (usually) that your calibration is off.
Sep 18, 2006
Are the images sRGB?
sRGB can appear very saturated in Photoshop compared to browsers & no doubt Microsoft viewers, etc. Great profile for WEB, crap for anything else!
Try converting a copy to Adobe RGB, save & close then re open & see if there’s a difference.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections