Posted By
Fernando_Ronci
Sep 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to use Photoshop CS’ Photomerge to stitch a few dozens of JPG’s that comprise a very large rendering of an Autocad 3D model.
Due to Autocad’s constraints I am sort of forced to produce many small renderings (.JPG files) of partial areas on the 3D model. The idea is that once I’m done with the partial renderings, hand all those .JPG’s over to Photoshop CS and stitch them with Photomerge. Although the results have been very promising, there are areas of the 3D model that are not covered by the viewports during the rendering process, thus leaving blank holes on the stitched image on the Photomerge working surface. This means that I have to go back to Autocad, set the viewport over the missing parts, render, get the .JPG’s and load them into Photomerge and drop them on the corresponding blank areas. Well, that would have been the ideal workflow if it weren’t that I haven’t figured out a way to add/load more images to an ongoing stitching job. I tried saving the job as a .PMG and then load it together with the new .JPG’s but it didn’t work. I also tried saving the incomplete stitched image as .PSD, .JPG and .PNG and then treat it as yet another image of the group. Although this works, the areas over the blank spots are partially transparent, yielding sort of a 50% opacity on the newly added images (regardless of the fact that the incomplete stitched image had been saved with a transparent background in the first place).

So, my question is:
Is there a way to add more images to an in-progress Photomerge session ? It’d be great if it were possible.

BTW, I’m working with Photoshop CS on Windows XP SP2.

Thank you in advance,

Fernando Ronci

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections