Photoshop developers, is this being addressed ?

S
Posted By
SuperMacGuy
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There were screenshots of the Time Machine preference pane on the net. It seems they have been removed via Apple legal demands. But I still have it in my email:

There were options to NOT back up any connected drives (like drives you may use for video capture or big PS files…)
Option to select drive to use for backup (not sure if you can use more than 1 drive) Option to set the maximum backup length (5 days, 30 days, 6 months, etc) Set the time to do the backup (like midnight or 5pm)
Option to totally disable Time Machine

-Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NP
Navarro_Parker
Aug 22, 2006
I don’t think Time Machine is a substitute for any critical backup strategy. Like Deebs sez, it looks fantastic for incremental restores of small files.

For my own backups, I just buy Firewire drives in sets of two and have one clone the other every two days (with the highly recommended SuperDuper). While I don’t have any incremental versions to go back to, I always have an exact copy if one drive bites the dust. And having it clone every couple days gives me some eeway time to dig through the other drive in case I accidentally trash a file on the main drive.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections