Posted By
Ram
Aug 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Frank,

Only a Tiger user that is actually running 9.0.2 can answer that. The disappearing subtract from selection cursor bug does not happen in my Panther setup.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 21, 2006
(progress, that’s WHET my appetite :))
D
dhowe
Aug 21, 2006
This is unfortunately something that got introduced by Tiger. We have passed the issue to Apple. I don’t have any more news than that at this point unfortunately.
MB
Mike_Boreham
Aug 21, 2006
G5 2×2 Rev A, 10.4.7 with CS2 9.0.2 still has disappearing subtract selection cursor bug. Doesn’t alway happen and when it does a tap on the alt key brings it back.

My take on the slider bug is that sometimes I try to pick up the slider triangle and it does not respond until I click away and back. I don’t do rapid to and fro movements of the sliders so never seen a problem with that (even when trying just now)…just the failure to pick up sometimes. Anyway 9.0.2 still does it.

Mike
JF
john_findley
Aug 21, 2006
My take on the slider bug is…it does not respond… .

Yeah, I’ve been irritated by that one, too. Gotta count three before it connects.
P
progress
Aug 23, 2006
yes, thats it…it doesnt respond to fast clicks…you need to sit on it for a while…so doing quick pickups and slides is broked.
P
progress
Aug 23, 2006
and while we’re here.

FIX THE .AI BUG that drops .ai off the file name on export paths…please!
EA
elaine_adler
Aug 23, 2006
If we leave the 9.0.2 update installed, and download your fixed version when you post it, will the printing problem be corrected? Or do we have to retro-install 9 with 9.0.1 to get the fixed 9.0.2 to work?

Having an estimated time frame for the fixed upgrade would be helpful in determining what to do at this end.

And if we reinstall 9, do we need to call to deactivate CS2 first, or can we just reinstall? As you must know, calling is a pain, and we shouldn’t have to go through hoops for an error not of our choosing or making.

Good lesson. Never automatically allow an update when Adobe tells me one is available.
R
Ram
Aug 23, 2006
Elaine,

If you are on Tiger, the current 9.0.2 will work fine for you.

If you are running on Panther, you don’t need any update to fix the printing problem, since you don’t have a printing problem in 9.0.1. The printing problem was introduced by Apple in Tiger.
EA
elaine_adler
Aug 23, 2006
I should have specified. I’m running OS 10.3.9. I foolishly clicked yes when asked if I’d like to automatically update to Photoshop 9.0.2 when the update utility asked. I AM having a printing problem — Photoshop crashes when I click on PRINT — and am trying to determine if I should take the time to uninstall CS2 and reinstall a previous version or if a fixed 9.0.2 will soon be offered.

Before checking the forum, I went through all sorts of gyrations to see if I could determine the problem. I should have checked the forum first.
R
Ram
Aug 23, 2006
Yes, go back to 9.0.1. That’s the only way to get rid of the crashing issue. If and when a revised 9.0.2 for Mac is released, it will most likely look for 9.0.1 to update. It may take a while, though; 9.0.2 triggers an Apple bug in Panther 10.3.9, and it’s unlikely Apple would be updating Panther at this stage of the game.

Either Adobe succeeds in working around the Apple bug, or Panther users like you and me will be staying with Photoshop 9.0.1 —which is fine by me, since all 9.0.2 does is fix Tiger’s bug.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006

Don’t do it!
Not ready for prime time with G5 X.4.7 as explained elswhere.
R
Ram
Aug 24, 2006
Don’t do WHAT?

DO go back to 9.0.1. [As per my post #54.]

The 9.0.2 update was pulled within 24 hours.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
I’m using 9.0.2 in 10.4.7

and I have no problems saving or opening files or doing anything else for that matter.
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 24, 2006
How about printing direct from PS, Buko? (I know. You never do. Always from InDesign. But CAN you print from PS 0.0.2?)
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 24, 2006
Oops. Sorry, Buko. Of COURSE you can print. You’re under 10.4.7, not 10.3.9.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006

B)
JF
john_findley
Aug 24, 2006
Buko, Why only from InDesign? I print photos and "art"work directly from PS, with no problems. But I’m always looking for a better way – and an excuse to tear myself away, now and then – from PS.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 24, 2006
Printing via InDesign lets you position images more accurately on the sheet — especially if you want to include more than one photograph.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
Its a habit that started back with 10.0.0 the print drivers were practically non existent or bad. So as Ann mentioned ID gave me more control. I’ve been doing it that way ever since.
JF
john_findley
Aug 24, 2006
So, since 99% of my printing is paper-sized, there’s no advantage fro me.
CJ
Cindy_Johnston
Aug 24, 2006
I’ve always found it prints faster from ID than from PS.
JF
john_findley
Aug 24, 2006
Oka-a-ay…
RF
Richard_Franklin
Aug 25, 2006
The "printing problem" seems to be a new topic but still let me add my thoughts. Epson drivers did provide true centering in OS 9 but no longer in OS X. Try Gutenprint 5.0, just released (31 July), I love it. Easy to install, it is freeware (find it at www.versiontracker.com) and works with just about any printer on the market. The major difficulty is that you must profile within the Gutenprint driver to get good results and this I do with Profilemaker Pro 5.
R
Ram
Aug 25, 2006
Epson drivers did provide true centering in OS 9 but no longer in OS X.

Centering prints from the Epson 2200 works fine for me in 10.3.9 with the Minimize Margin options selected in the printer list.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 25, 2006
I have no problem centering with my Epson drivers now I’m just used to printing from ID. Its not like I have to open it just to print. as a designer I have it open 24/7 and its second nature now.

I have never been pleased with 3 party hacks to print especially GIMP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections