DR
Posted By
Daryl_Rosen
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an existing .psd file containing text which is used as a layer that I add to images as a watermark.

In Elements 1.0, it was easy to change the text color since the color palette was on the toolbar when I selected the layer. I have spent hours trying to change the text color in Elements 2.0 with no luck. The Help file is useless.

Any suggestions?
Daryl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 29, 2004
Daryl, Use the paint chip on the upper right hand menu bar next to the T’s with arrows. I’m sure that you already know the rest of the drill about it needing to be on a type layer to be edited this way.

Terri
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 29, 2004
I didn’t think to mention that you also need to have the text tool active at the time. I sure you already knew that but I thought I’d add that in case someone who is very new to elements comes across this post.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 29, 2004
Terri,

Well I didn’t know that one ….. its amazing the things there are still to learn 🙂 I have been using the paint bucket up to now.

Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 29, 2004
Wendy, you’ll still have to use the paint bucket method if you’ve simplified your text. The above method only works if you still have a type layer. (A type layer will have a capital T on it…if no T, then you’re out of luck unless someone else knows of another trick.)
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 29, 2004
Wendy, Here’s another handy tip. When you change text colors, you can use your eye dropper to select a specific color from your swatches. (Color picker dialog box needs to be open in order for this to work.)
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 29, 2004
Hi Terri,

Usually I tend to leave all my layers intact so text ones don’t get simplified … so your first tip will be really useful for me.

Thanks for the second tip … Elements has so many different ways of doing things. 🙂 Every now and then I think "CS" but talk myself out of it on the grounds that I haven’t mastered everything in Elements yet!

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 30, 2004
No ‘CS’ for me yet either, even tho MacAddict gave it a 5 star rating,,,and thank you for this mini tutorial. I learn something new here all the time. Wouldn’t leave PSE for anything.
Jane
DR
Daryl_Rosen
Jan 30, 2004
Thx Terri,

I must have simplified the layer at some point, since the color picker never displayed. I created a new layer and it’s easy to change now.

Thanks!
Daryl
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jan 31, 2004
Every now and then I think "CS" but talk myself out of it on the grounds that I haven’t mastered everything in Elements yet

That’s true for me too, Wendy. I have a loooong way to go with Elements before I need a bigger hammer.
Bert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections