OU
Posted By
Olaf_Ulrich
Sep 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 on Windows XP SP2. In a foolish attempt to move all the data from C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe to drive D: on my notebook computer I just lost my activation. It was the 2nd activation (1st activation is on desktop machine which is fine).

If I remember correctly I cannot simply re-activate Photoshop … or can I? I moved the Application Data back to where it was, but the activation is still missing. I guess I failed to copy a folder or two …

How can I now safely re-activate my copy of Photoshop? Do I have to contact Adobe?

And how can I make Adobe software to save the settings, preferences, and stuff on drive D: rather than drive C:? Space is running out on C: …

Regards,
Olaf

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 15, 2006
Did you actually try to re-activate? What did you do when the activation screen popped up?

Bob
OU
Olaf_Ulrich
Sep 15, 2006
Robert Levine wrote:

Did you actually try to re-activate?

No, not yet. I was scared to make things even worse; I thought I’d better ask for advice first.

Robert further wrote:

What did you do when the activation screen popped up?

I pulled the notebook’s plug. The screen popped up saying, ‘The 30-day trial period is over; you must now activate or you cannot use the software!’ (or something to that effect), I said ‘Cancel,’ and then I got a dialog box asking, ‘Are you sure you want to cancel the activation?’ Rather than clicking either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, I pulled the plug and then re-booted.

Regards,
Olaf
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 15, 2006
Just do it. If you’re denied (which I doubt will happen) you’ll get a phone number to call.

In the future, always use the transfer activation feature.

Bob
OU
Olaf_Ulrich
Sep 15, 2006
Robert Levine wrote:

Just do it.

Okay, I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

Robert further wrote:

In the future, always use the transfer activation feature.

Yes, I am aware of what to do when activation must be transferred from one machine to another—but in my case, I wasn’t planning to transfer the activation anywhere …

— Olaf
L
LenHewitt
Sep 15, 2006
Olaf,

And how can I make Adobe software to save the settings, preferences,
and stuff on drive D:<<

The only way of doing that is by re-assigning your documents and settings folder to the other drive. However, that is not without it’s own problems and best avoided…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections