BP
Posted By
Ben_Pieper
Jul 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve done the Automate>Web Gallery> Flash, versions 1, 2, and 3, and some of my visitors (using PCs) report that they can’t see anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Viewing on Mac doesn’t seem to be an issue… Please help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mr._Rogers
Jul 30, 2006
Ahhh yes. This is a fun one. This isn’t an issue of Mac vs PC, it’s based on something within the code that is, I think, not referencing the files correctly. About 6 moths ago, I used the flash galleries and they worked great. Then, last month I tried again and they didn’t. After some troubleshooting, I found that the problem is with specific versions of internet browsers. Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer 5 (the mac version) all work fine. It’s IE 6 and Firefox that don’t. You’ll find if you go to your site with Opera on Windows, it will work fine. Even more frustrating, is the fact that when you have the native files on your PC’s harddrive, the index.htm(l) all work fine in all browsers. It’s when you upload it to the net that the problems arrive.

Ok. So. What do you do. The answer is, I don’t know. I’ve been working on it for some time now and haven’t gotten it yet. Check sometime soon (if anyone is checking this at all) and I’ll post my fix. If I get it.

Hope that at least gives you some sort of rest.
BP
Ben_Pieper
Nov 8, 2006
Ok. I’ve figured a few things out that may or may not help out anyone else who has a similar issue. First off, Make sure you (and your clients) have the latest update for Quicktime. This should fix most problems.

Secondly, and a little more obscure, If you name your files anything over 27 characters they will show up as white images when exported via Automated Task – Create Flash Web Gallery.

I’ve tested this out on several machines and get the same result every time. So- don’t name your files over 27 characters!

Thanks to Mr Roger’s for the feedback!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections