GS
Posted By
Gregg Sewell
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a CMYK image of a flute, so it’s mostly greys.

I want to make use this image in a duotone, but don’t want it to be both colors.

How can I get this image to be only in the black channel?

Thanks for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 14, 2006
Change it to grayscale.

Bob
GS
Gregg Sewell
Sep 14, 2006
Did.

Didn’t work.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 14, 2006
I want to make use this image in a duotone, but don’t want it to be both colors.

What does that mean exactly?

Convert to greyscale, copy, then paste in the black channel of a CMYK file
GS
Gregg Sewell
Sep 15, 2006

What does that mean exactly?

——–Sorry for the confusion. I wasn’t very precise at all.

First of all, I’m hampered by the fact that I’m not an artist or a Photoshop user. I manage a team of graphic artists. Secondly, I’m hearing about the problem second hand. Both of these make it hard for me to give you the best possible view of the problem.

I talked with my artist again, and she wants a duotone that’s black and a deep maroon. She wants a particular image to have no maroon – to be black-only within the duotone.

Convert to greyscale, copy, then paste in the black channel of a CMYK file

——–I’ll tell her to try this.

Thanks for your help and patience.
GS
Gustavo Sanchez
Sep 15, 2006
Multichannel is what he wants. That color mode allows for an image to have zones with two (or more) spot colours and zones just with one colour, independently of shadows and lights.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 15, 2006
Gregg,

If your designer needs spot colour only is certain areas then she needs toi create that content in a spot colour channel, not as a duotone.
JS
John_Slate
Sep 16, 2006
….furthermore duotone mode files only have 1 channel (a grayscale) so you can’t alter the proportion of the two inks in a selection. The ink transfer curves get applied to the entire grayscale image

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections