CG
Posted By
Cecilia_Good
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use the batch command a lot and recently I moved a folder that I often batch to, to another drive (space issues). Ever since that day, I have not been able to batch anything and I get the message above.

I don’t know if it had to do with moving the folder, I didn’t try to batch anything till a few days later, and that is the only thing I could remember that I had done differently. I tried moving the folder back, I tried recreating my actions with a new folder, but nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Manually clicking the action for each file is getting tiresome. I kept thinking I’d eventually figure it out, but I haven’t had the time to really mess around with it so I’m hoping that someone else has had this problem and solved it. 🙂

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 26, 2006
never mind
CG
Cecilia_Good
Jul 26, 2006
Well, After I posted this, I thought about doing a search for the exact error message (I had looked in vain for something with "Batch" in it that solved my problem and nothing was coming up), but this time I was successful and found a topic from April that had some good suggestions. None of the solutions given helped me until I reached one that suggested changing "stop for errors" to "log errors to file." I already had it on "log errors to file" so I just decided to switch it to the "stop for errors."

I’ve tried about three actions and they’ve all worked. So at least for now it seems my problem might be solved. I’m cautiously optimistic, so I’ll come back and revisit this if I have more problems. 🙂
GH
greg_harm
Sep 5, 2006
Hi, I had the same issue and the only work-around I could figure-out was to select the images/folder in Bridge and run the action from there.

Reading your message highlighted the error.. and I feel silly that I had not thought of it before.

This problem is caused when you have "Log errors to file" selected, but the directory path selected in the Save As button is invalid (ie. the folder/drive/directory has been moved/renamed/deleted).
Click on Save As to reset the path to your desktop, this will be the safest as it will not change and run with "Log errors to file". Saves time if anything little causes your action to stop.

Still I have no idea as to why it would work from Bridge though.

cheers,
Greg

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections