Posted By
robert denton
Jul 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all — Using CS2.

Typically I’ll use the eyedropper to sample a color anywhere on the screen. I have always done this by clicking and holding on the current document and mousing to another open document, the layers palette to pickup a shape’s color, or a web window in the background…

For some time when I try this technique it does not work. Even in the current document if I mouse outside the canvas onto the background (which is usually HSB 0 0 75%) selects as HSB 0 0 25%!

When I try to select color in a different document using this technique the results are not predictable… sometimes it gives me the compliment and other times it is close to a compliment, like a split compliment color.

This is very strange behavior and occurs on two different machines.

I noticed that one need not hold down the mouse button any more to select color from another document but this doesn’t help me with the old expected behavior of selecting color off the layers palette or from a window in another application.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 26, 2006
Have you tried reseting the tool? Or the preferences?
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jul 26, 2006
LCD monitors? The technique you are describing is not accurate with LCDs. At least in my expoeriebnce. It often takes several attempts to actually get the color you want. I believe this is simply due to the technology used by the monitor. It’s 100% accurate with CRT monitors though.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections