CM
Posted By
cadman_meg
Aug 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I do this effectivly? The way of loading on dmeand would work great, but I am talking about 600 different effect and filters. I know someone is going to say why do I need that many, but that would be my preference, I just want them all to work seemlessly and be at my disposal when needed. Any other thoughts on this? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Aug 5, 2003
Cadman,

I think that Collin’s suggestion of saving the "workspace" is the answer. As you are working on projects that utilize your many different effects, you will save your workspace as a "descriptive palette." Names that are meaningful to you and are indicative of the tools necessary to accomplish the function. Then you will be able to utilize that for each different type of need.

Patty
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 5, 2003
Patty,

I think that Collin’s suggestion of saving the "workspace" is the answer

I’m not conviced that Colins answer is what the poster is looking for. He has mentioned the words "Brushes", "effects", and "filters" in both posts. Saving the workspace only saves pallet locations, not loaded styles, etc. AFAIK, those are all driven by the presets manager.

Cadman,

Filters load from the Filters folder of photoshop. Not much of a management issue there.

As far as styles, brushes, patterns, etc. Load them up then, in the presets manager. Load up as many as you like. If you find PS becoming sluggish, that’d be one place to look for trimming.

Even if you do as I suggested and only load the ones you need for this session, they are still easily at your disposal through the little triangle in the respective pallet: e.g., want more styles loaded? Go to the styles pallet and add more. <shrug>
P
Phosphor
Aug 5, 2003
Tony,

You’re right—I didn’t think it through properly, plus I usually post a disclaimer saying, "I’m new etc."—I must have been experiencing a "surrealistic" moment of competence.

Sorry for the bad advice.

Patty 🙁

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections