DK
Posted By
david_kohn
Jul 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just moved up to a new core duo iMac. I copied all of my extra plugins and presets from my old system and put them in the appropriate folders on the new system, but I forgot one thing — I didn’t save all of the actions I created into an .atn file and migrate that as well.

Photoshop on the old computer was deactivated (as I plan to sell that system), but I do have a clone of that system on an external Hard Drive. Is there some way I can retrieve those actions from that cloned system and copy them to the new iMac? I’m not sure where they would be…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jul 21, 2006
I didn’t save all of the actions I created into an .atn file

I’m not sure where they would be…

In the Photoshop preferences file.
B
Buko
Jul 21, 2006
Photoshop on the old computer was deactivated (as I plan to sell that system)

Be sure to delete photoshop from the computer not just deactivate it.
DK
david_kohn
Jul 21, 2006
Photoshop preferences files:

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Paths
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings
Adobe ImageReady CS2 Settings
com.adobe.Photoshop.plist
com.adobe.bridge.plist

I would imagine I need to copy the first three files, but what about the .plist files?

No Buko, I’m not dumb enough to pass my computer on to someone else with all sorts of personal stuff and licensed apps on it. I’m going to delete all of my 3rd party apps, personal data, and user. Then use disk utility to write zeros on all of the free space.
R
Ram
Jul 21, 2006
but what about the .plist files?

I believe that’s where the actions reside, before you save them.
B
Buko
Jul 21, 2006
I’m not dumb enough to pass my computer on to someone else with all sorts of personal stuff and licensed apps on it.

Good, there are some who are though. and I would hate for you to loose an activation because the fellow with your old computer decided to fire up photoshop just when you deactivate one of your two activations.
C
Cindy
Jul 22, 2006
Speaking of activation, if you have 3 versions of an OS on one computer, is PSCS activated 3 times? Doesnt the activation record the machine s/n?
R
Ram
Jul 22, 2006
The activation is tied to the CPU, Cindy.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections