Posted By
Daryl Pritchard
Aug 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Jack,

I’m not sure there is any standard way to do things in Photoshop…it seems rather that there are typically at least 3 or 4 ways to achieve a goal, none necessarily better than another and each approach perhaps feeling more intuitive to different folks.

It seems to me that a "wet" effect is often something provided by various 3rd party plug-ins for Photoshop. This isn’t something I have ever tried to achieve but thoughts that come to mind are giving surfaces more of a gloss or shine than might be normal. Adding water droplets would be another. I guess it just depends upon just how wet a look you’re aiming for. You might try a search on the web for "water droplet" and "wet look" tutorials to see if you can find anything. Another thing is to explore what can be done with the wet edges option for the paintbrush.

On the other hand, if you want a submerged look, something like the Flaming Pear Flood filter might work…but I’m guessing that is far more extreme than what you are after. <http://www.flamingpear.com/flood.html>

Sorry I can’t be of more help, but surely others will chime in here.

Regards,

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
ninjasavant
Aug 5, 2003
Try Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap. . .

-ninja
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 5, 2003
I spill beer on them. they become wet.

Sorry fellas, couldn’t help it.
P
Phosphor
Aug 5, 2003
I’m sort of in the same boat with Tony–I’ve seen "rain-drop" tutorials etc., but nothing comes to mind for wet.

My only input for this thread would be, Sorry guys," would have been a more appropriate response on your part, Tony.

"Fellas" is just so "man specific"….

Kidding, see me smile,

Patty 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 5, 2003
Patty,

Point taken. I have three daughters, no sons. I usually referr to everyone as fellas, although it IS kind of a faux pas.

Sorry folks.<grin>
EP
Eric Purkalitis
Aug 7, 2003
Ninjasavant is right, plastic wrap filter can do alot. There also seem to be a ton of 3rd party gel and glass plugins. After you apply the filter, besure to choose edit, and fade filter. It gives you different blending modes and that can make a huge difference.

Also try reflecting part of your image over the wet area.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections