Posted By
Mr._Jan_Doddy
Sep 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello folks,

I’m very frustrated with my current printer; I have to calibrate constantly, uses lots of ink, nozzles clog allot and more. I can never complete a small job without something going wrong.

The only printing I do is labels for CD / DVD’s, an occasional preview, and mostly contact sheet. I don’t use it for final prints, thatΒ’s for the pro-service bureaus.

Any sugestions for a good dye-sub printer?

Thanks,

Jan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Ho
Sep 8, 2006
Kodak makes an affordable, quality dye-sub, although the model escapes me at the moment. If you peruse their site, I’m sure you can find it.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 8, 2006
I get a good pinter down my local pub. Abbot bitter!

But it’s not dye sub!
H
Ho
Sep 8, 2006
<http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/kodak1400.html>

It’s the Kodak 1400. To my knowledge, it does not come with a pint, but that may well depend on the reseller. πŸ™‚
AC
Art Campbell
Sep 8, 2006
Slight thread hijack:

I noticed that Jan wants to use this for CD labels… For a number of mechanical reasons, I’ve always been shy about putting sticky stuff in my computer, especially if it could unbalance a disk.

As a result, I’ve used a Sharpie until I discovered and fell in love with H-P LiteScribe CD/DVD writers, which allow you to flip the disk over and etch the top with your custom label. Really cool.

Art
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 10, 2006
dude! howard! you just sold me my next printer! πŸ™‚ thanks! replacing my aging oly p330 dye sub!

btw amazon has em for $388.

KODAK PRO 1400 PHOTO PRINTER < http://www.amazon.com/KODAK-1400-PHOTO-PRINTER-8116253/dp/B0 00593UGW/sr=8-1/qid=1157859746/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6050225-8166 544?ie=UTF8&s=electronics>
H
Ho
Sep 10, 2006
$338… well yeah, dude, but I don’t get my commission if you buy from Amazon!

Enjoy it, Dave. I wish I had one.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 12, 2006
I was going to get oly’s p400 (i think that’s it) that’s their 8×10, but they discontinued it a few mos back. glad i didn’t now! and since i’m getting a shiny new printer i better get a better camera to go with it too huh? πŸ™‚ thanks again for the tip!
M
Mr._Jan_Doddy
Sep 12, 2006
Folks, thanks for the info! I took a look at the specs of the 1400 and read some of the review links. Sounds like a great choice.

I did notice that it’s a loud printer. Can anyone verify this? Specs say 60db running and 50db idle. Wow, will I be able to talk on the phone?

Thanks again,

Jan
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Sep 12, 2006
John (Joslin),

according to the world wide strategy
‘abolition of all sorrows’, I’m afraid,
having to tell you that your pub will
be converted soon into a non-smoker area
(if not converted already) and into a
Dry Pub.
This means so far: mineral water instead
of Abbot Bitter.
Sometimes we understand ‘dry day’ as a
day without alcoholic drinks, but we can
expect that in near future any kind of
liquid will be prohibited in PUBlic places.

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 12, 2006
You can’t frighten me Gernot!

By the way, I went to a neurologist in Constantiaplatz when I was living on Borkum.
M
Mr._Jan_Doddy
Sep 12, 2006
Topic please———————
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Sep 12, 2006
Jan,

the facts were discussed already, and now we
are moving gradually to other issues.

For example: does the flickering of common
cathode ray tubes affect eyes and brain ?
Flicker frequency above 70Hz is not visible,
but I’m sure that such a non-perceivable
flicker can cause some dammage to the neural
system, maybe more than cigarette smoke or
Abbot Bitter.
And that’s a case for the neurologist !

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann

P.S.: my serious contributions are easily found
by a Google search:
‘Color’
‘Gernot Hoffmann’

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections