H
Posted By
healy
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to use adobe Photoshop 7.0 in order to print separations for 4 color screenprinting.
I can make it as far as the color separation screen, then I chhose print, but it all comes out together. Someone please help!!! Thanks!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
ninjasavant
Aug 5, 2003
Photoshop doesn’t do this from what I can tell (correct me if I’m wrong guys, I could never find it). You would need to open it in something like Illustrator or InDesign to get the Separations Setup and then print them out. If you need the separations in a file, save as a Photoshop DCS file which will save 5 files, an eps and 4 color separation files (.c, .m, .y, .k). good luck.

-ninja
EP
Eric Purkalitis
Aug 7, 2003
You got me checking to see if I could do that with my print. I remember being able to do it before, but I’m not able to now. I think the real reason is that I don’t have a postscript printer anymore.

Try printing the individual cymk channels. Go to the channel palette and turn on each one at a time. Be sure to select the proper screen angle under the print preview screen.
S
Scarecrow
Sep 9, 2004
In article
wrote:

Does anyone know how to use adobe Photoshop 7.0 in order to print separations for 4 color screenprinting.
I can make it as far as the color separation screen, then I chhose print, but it all comes out together. Someone please help!!! Thanks!!!

You can also go to the channels pallette and tell it to split channels. Photoshop will then split the channels into 4 seperate images.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections