LP
Posted By
Laurie_Pepper
Jul 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a zillion images on a number of different hard drives. I would like to find an app that will make thumbnails for viewing them (even when they aren’t online) and that will supply details as to name, size, etc. I’ve got IMOX, and it’s great, but unstable. Since I’ve gone up to 10.4.7 (power pc) it crashes my computer. I’ve got 2 gigs of memory. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
eltee
Jul 17, 2006
I understand that Lightroom (Adobe) works across volumes (but it is very young, and I don’t know it well)
JV
John_Vitollo
Jul 17, 2006
Iview MediaPro is your best bet:

<http://www.iview-multimedia.com/mediapro/>
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Jul 17, 2006
Portfolio 8 is another option.

iView has unfortunately been acquired by Microsft, so it’s likely that its quality will decline as the M$ people get their hooks into it. The Mac version will start to lack features present in the windows version, etc.
LP
Laurie_Pepper
Jul 17, 2006
Thanks, all. I’ll check out iView and Portfolio 8.
LP
Laurie_Pepper
Jul 17, 2006
I’ve tried Portfolio 8. It is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for. Thanks very very much.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections