FP
Posted By
fn_phineas
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im making a photo gallery in flash mx 2004. I created a script that loads images into the flash movie from an external source. I got it all working great and I recently tried updating the pictures with some new ones. I linked the flash movie to the new images and they showed up fine but were way too large so i resized them in photoshop. After resizing them they would not open in the flash movie AT ALL. I couldn’t even import them directly into flash it couldn’t read the file. I found this error occured no matter what i did to the image in photoshop (i.e i didn’t resize one picture and i just resaved it, still errored out).

So before the image went into photoshop it worked fine with flash. After saving it in photoshop it errored out. I was using the new Photoshop CS and I thought this may have been a bug so I went back to the old 6.0 which I had used before that had worked fine… same problem. I recently got a new computer, AMD64 3200+ this is really the only change I’ve made since I made the gallery and it worked and when it didn’t work. Anyone know of why this may be happening? If it’s an issue with flash I posted on a group about that too.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
tacitr
Jan 29, 2004
I linked the flash movie to the new images and they showed up fine but were way too large so i resized them in photoshop. After resizing them they would not open in the flash movie AT ALL.

What format did you save the image in after you resized it?

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
AM
Andrew Morton
Jan 30, 2004
If you’re saving them as .psd files then check the "Maximize backwards compatibility…" option in Preferences->Saving Files in PS.

Andrew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections