J
Posted By
johnnyblain
Jun 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I do all the editing that an image requires in 16 Bit is there any point in saving it in 16 Bit, as all the color information has been discarded at this stage (unless I save with layers and I don’t fancy paying for storage of 200MB files). Will the print quality be affected by the conversion process?

Cheers

Johnny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
ericp06
Jul 1, 2006
In article ,
"johnny blain" wrote:

If I do all the editing that an image requires in 16 Bit is there any point in saving it in 16 Bit, as all the color information has been discarded at this stage (unless I save with layers and I don’t fancy paying for storage of 200MB files). Will the print quality be affected by the conversion process?

Cheers

Johnny

When I go to save such an image, the last things I do are to change to 8-Bit and set the resolution to either 72 or 75. You could always test by printing 8- and 16-bit versions of the same file, but I suspect 8-bit will be just fine, as well as resulting in a smaller file size.

Happy editing,
Eric

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections