How can I create corner frame matting for digital photos?

D
Posted By
dermman
Sep 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I understand how to make frames for digital photos when the edge is continuous. Can anyone tell me how to make a frame that occupies only the corners of the photo, and not the edges? I want to put a blended(black-white) frame, but only in the corneers? Thanks for any help with this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 5, 2006
The word "frame" implies some sort of border on all four sides – "framing" the image. So I’m a little unclear on what you mean by "only in the corners" and "a blended(black-white) frame".

Perhaps you mean an "L" shape over each corner, or a triangular shape, similar to the old-fashioned "Photo Corners" used to mount photos in albums?

Could you clarify what it is you are trying to achieve, and possibly post an example for us to see? ( <http://www.pixentral.com> )
GD
george_dingwall
Sep 5, 2006
Hi there,

If you’re talking about the sort of corners used to stick photos into albums, then Photoshop ships a Frames Action Set. One of the actions in the set is named "Photo Corners".

It might do what you want.

P.S. The action works best with the image in Landscape orientation.

Hope this helps.
GD
george_dingwall
Sep 8, 2006
Hi there,

I’ve created a script which will add "Photo Corners" to an image.

It works with all image sizes (Except panoramic), and will work for both horizontal and upright oriented images.

It creates corners in proportion to the size of the image and will scale any layer effects so that they remain in proportion.

You can find it here on my downloads page. it’s the first in the list.

<http://www.georgedingwall.co.uk/pages/Downloads.html>

It’s not very pretty, but it works. You’ll need CS or CS2 to run it, and as it’s a javascript, it should run on the MAC too.

Bye for now.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections