Posted By
Jon Gilbert
Nov 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi from Portland, OR!

I’ve been using Adobe Photoshop since version 2.5 (OK, I know I’m not as old-school as some of you guys, but I didn’t even have a computer with a color monitor before 2.5).

For consulting I do 2 things: train professionals in Photoshop, and set-up/support workflows.

In this aspect, I have worked with clients such as: Sea World, Scott & White Hospital, and Oregon Health Sciences University, not to mention numerous independent photographers such as Kirk Tuck (whose clients include Michael Dell personally), Mud River Photography (whose clients include National Geographic and Apple Computer), and Black Gold Photography.

My approach to training comes from 9 years of retail experience working with customers in the computer and camera industries. In other words, I am skilled in talking to everyone from pros to beginners about technology in ways they can understand. Whether it’s the basics of Photoshop or advanced color correction and calibration issues, I can get you to the next level.

In terms of consulting, I can advise on system purchases, actually sell you printers/scanners/cameras at competitive prices, configure and ship/install turnkey systems, provide seamless transitions through computer system upgrades/replacements, streamline cross-platform integration, set up servers… pretty much anything short of custom software development, at least for now.

Lastly I also do freelance Photoshop work. Currently I do this for expedia.com through a sub-contractor of theirs. The companies I’ve provided Photoshop services for or worked with in the past include Max Crace Studios, Austin Photo Imaging, and The Shutterbug. My work as a Photoshopper has appeared in various newspapers and magazines including The Reed College Quest, The Daily Texan, and Macworld.

I can be contacted at Thank you for any
interest,

– Jon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections