NL
Posted By
neil leslie
Aug 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m an illustrator and have always used the ‘Color management Off’ setting in Color Settings, mainly because colour management seemed a black art and the commercially printed illustrations always were acceptably close to the display on my monitor so it wasn’t a real problem. But I’m now getting paranoid about colour accuracy. I’ve calibrated my monitor using the ‘Displays’ control panel that comes with OSX. I’ve set Color Settings to Europe Prepress Defaults (I’m in the UK) and have Adobe RGB (1998) as my Working Space. All of which seems to be in line with the online advice I’ve been reading. However, now my images are displayed with super saturated colours. Why is this and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

I’m on OS10.2.8 and running Photoshop7.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JN
Jim Nagy
Aug 19, 2005
In article <de490e$9sr$2$>, neil leslie
wrote:

I’m an illustrator and have always used the ‘Color management Off’ setting in Color Settings, mainly because colour management seemed a black art and the commercially printed illustrations always were acceptably close to the display on my monitor so it wasn’t a real problem. But I’m now getting paranoid about colour accuracy. I’ve calibrated my monitor using the ‘Displays’ control panel that comes with OSX. I’ve set Color Settings to Europe Prepress Defaults (I’m in the UK) and have Adobe RGB (1998) as my Working Space. All of which seems to be in line with the online advice I’ve been reading. However, now my images are displayed with super saturated colours. Why is this and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

I’m on OS10.2.8 and running Photoshop7.

I’m just getting into this too, but I believe the default system out there is RGB if you do nothing. If you import your old documents and tell Photoshop to use Adobe RGB for them, that is almost certainly not the colour space they were created with. I think what you should be doing is assigning the sRGB colour space to them when you open them, then select convert to colour space Adobe RGB if that’s what you actually want them in for working/saving.

Jim Nagy
Elm Electronics

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections