T
Posted By
Todd Batstone
Aug 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’ve been using Photoshop CS for months with no problem. Suddenly I’m unable to open any type of image file. I’ve tried drag and drop, file menu from within the app, Bridge – all get the same result. As soon as I click to open, Photoshop freezes and I’m forced to quit. I’ve reinstalled it twice, deleted preference files, tried everything I can think of. I’m using ImageReady in the meantime which is working just fine. Please help. PowerBook G4 500Mhz 512MB RAM OS X 10.3.9

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Patric DonEgann
Oct 30, 2005
On 2005-08-05 09:31:44 -1000, "Todd Batstone" said:

Hi, I’ve been using Photoshop CS for months with no problem. Suddenly I’m unable to open any type of image file. I’ve tried drag and drop, file menu from within the app, Bridge – all get the same result. As soon as I click to open, Photoshop freezes and I’m forced to quit. I’ve reinstalled it twice, deleted preference files, tried everything I can think of. I’m using ImageReady in the meantime which is working just fine. Please help. PowerBook G4 500Mhz 512MB RAM OS X 10.3.9

Hmm, maybe the permissions are broke…

run "Disk Utility" and repair disk permissions.

if that dont work…..

maybe re-install…

/p
Nov 27, 2005
I just went throgh the same thing, it only happened when I upgraded to 10.4.3 from 10.4.2. try and disconnect form the internet if you are connected and then hold Command+Option+Shift when starting Photoshop and it will ask you to delete your pref file, click yes, I bet it works then. But as soon as you turn on your internet connection again it wont work, odd I know! Have you tried photoshop with another user? I bet it works there too. What I finally did was save anything I wanted to keep (mail and keychain specifically) from my Library folder, then Delete the entire Library folder. Logout and then back in and it will create a new Library folder and I bet Photoshop will work again. Then carefully move things back that you saved.

On 2005-08-05 13:31:44 -0600, "Todd Batstone" said:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections