PhotoShop CS educatonal lacks Javascript?

LE
Posted By
Lawson English
Sep 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is this correct? I tried to run a canned script from the menu and it says it can’t find the plug-in. Was this supposed to be a separate install or did they deliberately cripple the educational version so you can’t use scripting? AppleScript seems to have problems, also…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 3, 2006
"Lawson English" wrote in message
Is this correct? I tried to run a canned script from the menu and it says it can’t find the plug-in. Was this supposed to be a separate install or did they deliberately cripple the educational version so you can’t use scripting? AppleScript seems to have problems, also…

Lawson.

The educational version is identical to the "regular" version.

A Java plugin can be found here http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

HTH
MH
LE
Lawson English
Sep 4, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Lawson.

HTH
MH

Heh. Thanks. I was looking for JavaScript, not Java, and in fact, there is no PhotoShop CS plug-in installed, so at least for me, the educational version isn’t the same as the commercial.

I found a reference to "ExtendScript" but that also isn’t installed in PhotoSho CS.

I just moved and can’t find my installation disks. I can’t imagine why JavaScript/ExtendScript wasn’t installed with the default installation and I’ve seen at least one other person with this problem in various forums, so its not unknown.

Thanks for responding.

L.
GW
Gary Wedemayer
Sep 4, 2006
Lawson:
I have PS CS educational version, and write and run javascripts all the time. I don’t remember doing anything special on installation either, so I suspect that the javascript interpretor gets installed with a standard installation.

I’d suggest looking real hard for those installation discs, and re-installing.

Cheers!
–garywed

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:04:38 -0700, Lawson English
wrote:

Mike Hyndman wrote:

Lawson.

HTH
MH

Heh. Thanks. I was looking for JavaScript, not Java, and in fact, there is no PhotoShop CS plug-in installed, so at least for me, the educational version isn’t the same as the commercial.

I found a reference to "ExtendScript" but that also isn’t installed in PhotoSho CS.

I just moved and can’t find my installation disks. I can’t imagine why JavaScript/ExtendScript wasn’t installed with the default installation and I’ve seen at least one other person with this problem in various forums, so its not unknown.

Thanks for responding.

L.
LE
Lawson English
Sep 4, 2006
Gary Wedemayer wrote:
Lawson:
I have PS CS educational version, and write and run javascripts all the time. I don’t remember doing anything special on installation either, so I suspect that the javascript interpretor gets installed with a standard installation.

Thanks. sigh. Spent an hour looking. Time to spend another hour or three…

Anyone willing to send me the JavaScript/ExtendScript plugin for MacOS X for PhotoShop CS?

Thanks in advance.
LE
Lawson English
Sep 7, 2006
Lawson English wrote:
Gary Wedemayer wrote:
Lawson:

Thanks. sigh. Spent an hour looking. Time to spend another hour or three…

Anyone willing to send me the JavaScript/ExtendScript plugin for MacOS X for PhotoShop CS?

Thanks in advance.

Yay. Found the disks and reinstalled PHotShop and scripting now works! My roommate had gotten the idea that the CS jewelcase was a DVD set and put it in its "proper" place next to the TV.

Sigh. I could have been looking for YEARS and never found it…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections