RD
Posted By
richard_dennard
Sep 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I turned my machine on this morning to finish a project and it will not allow me to open any photo over 3 meg. I receive an error message stating "could not complete your request because of a program error." I acknowledged the error and closed Photoshop. I tried again and now I receive and error that says "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this is error is unrecoverable." If I restart Photoshop and dump the preferences it will allow me to restart the program but I still have the same problem. I have reinstalled Photoshop, updated to 9.02 redone everything that Adobe says to do and I still have the problem. I even went as far as taking my machine in to shop to have it checked and the shop cannot find anything wrong with my machine. Please help as I need to finish this project before Tuesday AM as it is going to press at that time.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Pipkin
Sep 3, 2006
But if you open any photo of less than 3 meg then there’s no error message and you can work ? Right?
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 3, 2006
When you trashed the prefs, did you get a dialogue box asking for confirmation? If not you hit the Ctr+Alt+Shift too soon (or too late).

Some machine specs might help. Also tell us what Photoshop’s memory allocation is set to.
B
bmoag
Sep 3, 2006
The most useful thing you can do is immediately back up those files onto CD or DVD as you may be experiencing hard drive problems.
If you can back those files up can you open them on another machine running Photoshop?
If you cannot copy and open these files on another machine you really have problems.
Do you have any other programs that work with large files to see if it is a hardware/OS problem such that no type of large file can be opened? Are you able to get a viewer or other program that will work with Photoshop files (presuming they are in PS format) to see if the files can be opened at all on the original computer?
RD
richard_dennard
Sep 5, 2006
I received a confirmation and acknowledged it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections