Attn: Anyone please – a question: Is it possible to turn a panorama into a gradient?

M
Posted By
mikey
Mar 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s what I was thinking: I have two panoramas of the river out in back of my house. One is snowy from winter. One is sunshiny from summer. (I have more of course, but let me do my thinking in terms of two.) So I says to myself, ³Self, if one of those was a gradient that started 100% and ended at 0%; and the other one started at 0% and ended at 100% , I could super impose them and have a pretty cool looking panorama since at any given point it’d be 100%.² Then Self 2 enters the conversation and says, ³Right genius, only one problem – you don’t know how to do that.²

Disregarding the obvious schizophrenic implications of the above, does anyone here know if it possible to turn a panorama into a gradient?

Thank you for your consideration,
mikey (and friend 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

VR
Val Ray
Mar 13, 2005
Short answer: yes

Not so short:

Put each image on separate layers (no background layer)

Choose top layer in the layer palette
Hit the "D" key –color palette will change to black on white (black to transparent gradient)
Add a layer mask
Drag your gradient tool across your image

Manipulate layer blends at whim

Enjoy

ValRay

On 3/2/05 5:05 PM, in article 020320051405450776%, "mikey" wrote:

Here’s what I was thinking: I have two panoramas of the river out in back of my house. One is snowy from winter. One is sunshiny from summer. (I have more of course, but let me do my thinking in terms of two.) So I says to myself, ³Self, if one of those was a gradient that started 100% and ended at 0%; and the other one started at 0% and ended at 100% , I could super impose them and have a pretty cool looking panorama since at any given point it’d be 100%.² Then Self 2 enters the conversation and says, ³Right genius, only one problem – you don’t know how to do that.²

Disregarding the obvious schizophrenic implications of the above, does anyone here know if it possible to turn a panorama into a gradient?
mikey (and friend 🙂
M
mikey
Mar 14, 2005
In article <BE5A0514.72E7%>, Val Ray
wrote:

Short answer: yes

Not so short:

Put each image on separate layers (no background layer)

Choose top layer in the layer palette
Hit the "D" key –color palette will change to black on white (black to transparent gradient)
Add a layer mask
Drag your gradient tool across your image

Manipulate layer blends at whim

Enjoy

ValRay

On 3/2/05 5:05 PM, in article 020320051405450776%, "mikey" wrote:

mikey (and friend 🙂
+-+-+

Hi ValRay,

Beautiful! How people figure these kinds of things out is beyond me, but thank Heaven they do. Thank you so much. The river pano out back? A little trippy, but super cool none the less.

Thank you again,
mikey

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections