U
Posted By
utseay
Dec 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I started off with a new photoshop file (File->New) and made it 10×7. I wanted to insert a picture I have that is really large and adjust it to fit on half the page, say 5×6 (Or what ever proportionate size it would allow).

In photoshop 3.0 (which I used forever), you could insert a picture and adjust the size by catching a corner and adjustin accordingly. With Photoshop 8.0, I had my 10×7 file open, then opened up my picture. I drug it iover nto the 10×7 file and it engulfed it. For some reason it would not let me grab the corner and scale it down to size.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong, or if this option has been replaced by another method in photoshop 8.0?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
Design-Crowd
Dec 6, 2004
Ctrl/T to select then Ctrl/- (minus) to reduce overall canvas then Hold down Shift key and resize to canvas size

You could be opening your new canvas to a different ppi to your pic

Hope this helps

Regards
JohnT (admin)
www.designcrowd.com
Freelancers Freedom From Fees

Sorry just relized I am giving you PC instructions but you will know what I mean!!

"Eric" wrote in message
I started off with a new photoshop file (File->New) and made it 10×7. I wanted to insert a picture I have that is really large and adjust it to fit on half the page, say 5×6 (Or what ever proportionate size it would allow).

In photoshop 3.0 (which I used forever), you could insert a picture and adjust the size by catching a corner and adjustin accordingly. With Photoshop 8.0, I had my 10×7 file open, then opened up my picture. I drug it iover nto the 10×7 file and it engulfed it. For some reason it would not let me grab the corner and scale it down to size.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong, or if this option has been replaced by another method in photoshop 8.0?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections