M
Posted By
mistral
Aug 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Photoshop and I need help how to create wallpaper. I have an image required, there is few basic steps needed. First I need prepare background 1024 x 768, then put there an image, and align it at right side.To prepare wallpaper background, I will use some small part of backround for a whole background, i.e. I want stretch part of background to fill the whole background with this small fragment. Then I need select main image with special tool and cut it out. Then paste an image to background and align image as required. Could someone post details instruction( for Photoshop 6.0) how to achieve this, step by step guide.

thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Aug 30, 2006
wrote in message
I’m new to Photoshop and I need help how to create wallpaper. I have an image required, there is few basic steps needed. First I need prepare background 1024 x 768, then put there an image, and align it at right side.To prepare wallpaper background, I will use some small part of backround for a whole background, i.e. I want stretch part of background to fill the whole background with this small fragment. Then I need select main image with special tool and cut it out. Then paste an image to background and align image as required. Could someone post details instruction( for Photoshop 6.0) how to achieve this, step by step guide.

thanks

One way:
Open image and use Rectangular Marquee tool (top left in tool palette) to make your selection, then Edit>copy.
File>New and make the size 1024 * 768 pixels
Paste your copied section into the new file.(ctrl+v or Edit>Paste) Then,Edit>Transform>Scale or Distort (depending on aspect ratio)and drag the handles about to fill your layer.

Save image as a JPG.
HTH
MH
M
mistral
Aug 31, 2006
Mike Hyndman писал(а):

wrote in message

thanks

One way:
Open image and use Rectangular Marquee tool (top left in tool palette) to make your selection, then Edit>copy.
Paste your copied section into the new file.(ctrl+v or Edit>Paste) Then,Edit>Transform>Scale or Distort (depending on aspect ratio)and drag the handles about to fill your layer.

Save image as a JPG.
HTH
MH

well, but this case for use no background or just empty white background.
I need first make a background required, save it. Then paste the selected image into this ready background.

thanks.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Aug 31, 2006
wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote in message

thanks

One way:
Paste your copied section into the new file.(ctrl+v or Edit>Paste) Then,Edit>Transform>Scale or Distort (depending on aspect ratio)and drag the
handles about to fill your layer.

Save image as a JPG.
HTH
MH

well, but this case for use no background or just empty white background.
I need first make a background required, save it. Then paste the selected image into this ready background.

The "background" colour doesn’t really matter, though you may be better off using a white background.
You do not need to open and save the new file, you can copy you selection from your original picture and paste it into the file. In this scenario, both images will be open at the same time. Once you have made and copied your selection, you can close the original file without saving, leaving only the new, usaved file in your workspace. Once you have dragged your selection to fit the new file and are happy with the result, then you do a "Save As" give it a name and save it as a JPG.
One more thing, if you are doing this to make wallpaper, when you create your new file (1024 * 768pixels ) you only need to set the resolution to 72 ppi (may be the default.) This will give you an screen display of 14.22 * 10.67 inches. (17.78 inches on the diagonal)

HTH

MH
G
Gerrit
Sep 1, 2006
wrote:

thanks

I see you had some help, but if you want to learn new techniques to create wallpapers or whatever. Visit: www.good-tutorials.com for the nicest photoshop tutorials on the web.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 1, 2006
"Gerrit" wrote in message
wrote:

thanks

I see you had some help, but if you want to learn new techniques to create wallpapers or whatever. Visit: www.good-tutorials.com for the nicest photoshop tutorials on the web.

Or http://www.pixel2life.com

MH
M
mistral
Sep 3, 2006
Mike Hyndman писал(а):

wrote:

thanks

MH

——-
There are many tutorials, but i not find how to create background from fragment of picture.

thanks
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 4, 2006
wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote:

thanks

MH

——-
There are many tutorials, but i not find how to create background from fragment of picture.

I told you how in my first post.

Regards

Mike H
M
mistral
Sep 4, 2006
Mike Hyndman писал(а):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote:

thanks

MH

——-

Regards

Mike H

Opps, I reread attentively, now clear. Background is ready. The other question is how to select and cut out a figure from one image and paste it on this prepared background?

thanks
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 4, 2006
wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote:
I’m new to Photoshop and I need help how to create wallpaper. I have an
image required, there is few basic steps needed. First I need prepare
background 1024 x 768, then put there an image, and align it at right side.To prepare wallpaper background, I will use some small part of backround for a whole background, i.e. I want stretch part of background to fill the whole background with this small fragment. Then
I need select main image with special tool and cut it out. Then paste an image to background and align image as required. Could someone post
details instruction( for Photoshop 6.0) how to achieve this, step by step guide.

thanks

MH

——-

Regards

Mike H

Opps, I reread attentively, now clear. Background is ready. The other question is how to select and cut out a figure from one image and paste it on this prepared background?

thanks

😉

Open the image from which you want to make your selection.

Using the Marquee tool (First tool on the left in the toolbar or press M on your keyboard) and drag your selection out with the mouse (click, hold down and drag)

You will see a twinkling, dashed box around your selection, yes? What ever is inside this box can be copied. If it isn’t quite in the right place you can move it with your arrow keys.

To copy your selection, go to Edit>Copy, or hold down the Control key (ctrl) and press C. You can then close this image if you wish. File>Close (don’t save it)

Open your background image and the go to Edit>Paste or hold down the ctrl key and press V.

This will put your copied selection onto the background.

From what you say this selection will be very small, yes? So, you will need to make it bigger to fill your background.

To do so, go to Edit>Transform>Scale or hold down the ctrl key and press T.

You will see that your selection is now surrounded by a box with little squares at the corners and sides.

You then click, hold down and drag with your mouse to make the selection fit to the background. (practise)

When you are happy with the result, click on the "tick" mark on your options bar or hit the enter key on your numeric keypad.

You should now have a background layer filled with your resized selection.

Go to File>Save as, give it a name and in the drop down file type box, choose JPG.

Hoping this is of some help to you.

Mike H
M
mistral
Sep 5, 2006
Mike Hyndman писал(а):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote:
I’m new to Photoshop and I need help how to create wallpaper. I have an
background 1024 x 768, then put there an image, and align it at right side.To prepare wallpaper background, I will use some small part of backround for a whole background, i.e. I want stretch part of background to fill the whole background with this small fragment. Then
I need select main image with special tool and cut it out. Then paste an image to background and align image as required. Could someone post
details instruction( for Photoshop 6.0) how to achieve this, step by step guide.

thanks

MH

——-

Regards

Mike H

thanks

😉

Using the Marquee tool (First tool on the left in the toolbar or press M on your keyboard) and drag your selection out with the mouse (click, hold down and drag)

You will see a twinkling, dashed box around your selection, yes? What ever is inside this box can be copied. If it isn’t quite in the right place you can move it with your arrow keys.

To copy your selection, go to Edit>Copy, or hold down the Control key (ctrl) and press C. You can then close this image if you wish. File>Close (don’t save it)

Open your background image and the go to Edit>Paste or hold down the ctrl key and press V.

From what you say this selection will be very small, yes? So, you will need to make it bigger to fill your background.

To do so, go to Edit>Transform>Scale or hold down the ctrl key and press T.

You will see that your selection is now surrounded by a box with little squares at the corners and sides.

You then click, hold down and drag with your mouse to make the selection fit to the background. (practise)

When you are happy with the result, click on the "tick" mark on your options bar or hit the enter key on your numeric keypad.

Go to File>Save as, give it a name and in the drop down file type box, choose JPG.

Mike H

—————–

Thanks for help. The one amplification is that my figure selection is big, not small, I need cut it out and paste on background, ar a right side.

mistral
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 5, 2006
"mistral" wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote in message

Mike Hyndman ?????(?):

wrote:
I’m new to Photoshop and I need help how to create wallpaper. I have
an
background 1024 x 768, then put there an image, and align it at right
side.To prepare wallpaper background, I will use some small part of backround for a whole background, i.e. I want stretch part of background to fill the whole background with this small fragment. Then
I need select main image with special tool and cut it out. Then paste
an image to background and align image as required. Could someone post
details instruction( for Photoshop 6.0) how to achieve this, step by
step guide.

thanks

MH

——-

Regards

Mike H

thanks

😉

Using the Marquee tool (First tool on the left in the toolbar or press M on
your keyboard) and drag your selection out with the mouse (click, hold down
and drag)

To copy your selection, go to Edit>Copy, or hold down the Control key (ctrl)
and press C. You can then close this image if you wish. File>Close (don’t save it)

From what you say this selection will be very small, yes? So, you will need
to make it bigger to fill your background.

To do so, go to Edit>Transform>Scale or hold down the ctrl key and press
T.

You then click, hold down and drag with your mouse to make the selection fit
to the background. (practise)

When you are happy with the result, click on the "tick" mark on your options
bar or hit the enter key on your numeric keypad.

Mike H

—————–

Thanks for help. The one amplification is that my figure selection is big, not small, I need cut it out and paste on background, ar a right side.

mistral

Are you a new poster? If so what exactly are you trying to do?

MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections