Posted By
reihau157
Oct 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to your install problem? I am having the same exact problem on my new G5. Have gone through all the suggestions, sans clearing out my hard drive and starting over from scratch.

Any suggestions you may have would be most appreciated.

rei hau

wrote:
Howdy.

Just installed the trial version of Photoshop CS and got the above
error.
I must congratulate Adobe programmers for providing us users with
such a brilliant, helpful error message. 😛
Anyway, I searched the forum for similar errors. Turns out a bunch of
people have had the same problem. The most common advice they get is "trash the prefs", and as of yet, no one has followed up with "It worked!" Of course I trashed my preferences (with that key combo during Photoshop start-up, and also by manually throwing them away from the Library folder). Also tried a re-install, logging in as a different user, and bunch of other things I’m not gonna bore you with. It STILL doesn’t work and gives me the same error.
What’s the point of having trial software if potential customers
can’t use it? If the trail is representative of the full version, then why would anyone want to buy software that won’t even run? I’m glad I didn’t buy it first, because all I lost was an hour downloading the dang thing. There was a message from Marcus Goh who bought the software, contacted tech support, and got no help. I would’ve been so mad!
I tried to find something in common between all the people’s systems
that have had this problem and couldn’t. Seems like Adobe’s software is buggy and unpredictable. Their programmers must have picked up a few tips from Microsoft. 😛
Ivan ()

PS: My setup: Dual 533 G4 w/ OS X 10.2.6, a gig of ram, and 70 gigs
free space.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections