Posted By
candace_dicarlo
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Group,
I have PS 7 and CS installed on my computer ( Mac 10.2.8). When I open a photo image in PS 7 the color filtration is perfect. When I open the same image in CS, the image has a red cast (ie. flesh tones appear sunburned and drained of yellow). I checked the archives and recalibrated the monitor with the Color Vision Spyder. As before the filtration is fine in PS7. But when I view the images in CS on the browser, at first the filtration appears correct — and then I can see the images corrupt and develop a reddish tint. What am I overlooking? I much prefer the browser and raw converter in CS!
Thanks,
Caramella

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CD
candace_dicarlo
Aug 30, 2004
Hi Group,
After I posted, I researched the raw converter archives and found this problem discussed several months ago. I downloaded the new version of raw converter 2.2, and the filtration in CS is much better. Curious the extent to which other people felt 2.2 helped the filtration problem? Many thanks,
Caramella
GB
g_ballard
Aug 30, 2004
Mac 10.2.. When I open a photo image in PS 7 the color filtration is
perfect. When I open the same image in CS, the image has a red cast

Both 7/8 should be using the same monitor profile (and display the tagged file the same, so that leads the logic to broke PS Color Settings or corruption).

Are both PS opening the file to its correct color?

You may try adding t_roubleshoot or colorm_anagement (without the underscore) to your search.

You need to get both PSs on the same setting (US Prepress Defaults), for starters, and then open a good known file (to rule out PS/OS). Then with the system ruled out, go back to the problem files and see what the problem is (ignoring the profile, bad file)…

Searching Good_File will lead you to PDI_Target AdobeRGB..
GB
g_ballard
Aug 30, 2004
Ya know, Photoshop is a color-managed application and will display most color spaces differently than unmanaged applications.

The tip is to get a handle on your color management:
g ballard "Assign Profile Preview vs. Convert to Profile Preview" 6/17/04 1:57pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>
CD
candace_dicarlo
Aug 30, 2004
Thank you for your response, g ballard. There is much interesting, helpful information on your website. I will pass along the link.
Cheers-
Caramella

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections