KS
Posted By
kenneth_scheinberg
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried that and it worked in photoshop but not in Indesign CS2. There is some basic common file that appears to be missing in the adobe set. I also cannot load the pdf printers. Microsoft Word recognizes all my printers. My question remains how are the adobe printer files stored?…Are they in a common file that is missing?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AC
Art Campbell
Aug 22, 2006
When you reinstalled the printers, did you also first delete the ineffective ones? (And hopefully you rebooted between deleting and reinstalling.)

Adobe doesn’t store printer files — it inherits the info from the operating system. So I don’t think you have an Adobe-specific problem, I think you have a Windows problem. Once the OS knows and recognizes the printers, the applications will.

If I were you, I’d make sure I had the latest drivers for your printer. Then I’d delete most/all of the current printers using the Control Panel, reboot, and then add one. See if the OS and applications recognize it.

Art
KS
kenneth_scheinberg
Aug 23, 2006
I removed and re installed printers and still the problem exists. The latest drivers have been installed. The key issue as I see it is that when I go to a second identity in windows I can access the printers to be used in In design CS2 and Photoshop CS2. I also have problems accessing printers in Excel but not in Microsoft word.I deleted the printers re started the computer and installed the new printers and re booted but that did not help. Where are the printer files located? If the files are in windows why do they work differently with different Identities. Both the identities are administrators. The identity that does print in photoshop and Indesign is the new one I made after doing a ghost restore.
Kenn
AC
Art Campbell
Aug 23, 2006
Kenneth,

If I’m following what you’re saying, you’re asking why a user account created by a ghost image that accesses printers that no longer exist (because you’ve deleted them) fails to print.

But you don’t have a problem printing to new, correctly installed printers from a new user account.

Is that correct?

Art
L
LenHewitt
Aug 23, 2006
Keneth,

It sounds as if your account profile has got screwed. If so, then creating a new one as you have don, is probably the only course open to you.
KS
kenneth_scheinberg
Aug 23, 2006
After the printers would not open in photoshop CS2 or Indesign CS2 (After restoring my ghost image)(All I got was a notice that no printers were found when I started to print) I created a new identity in windows, also as an administrator, and then, with this new Identity I could open the printers in photoshop CS 2 and Indesign CS2. All my setting are in the old identity. I sure would like to fix this in the old identity. Re installing the printers does not work. Is there any way to explore this?
Kenn
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 23, 2006
All my setting are in the old identity

Just which settings?

Many can be copied across from Username X to Username Y.
KS
kenneth_scheinberg
Aug 23, 2006
I use fingerprint pads and all the codes are in the old identity. All my passwords are in the old identity. All my windows settings are in the original identity. If I use the new identity I have to go back and do all my passwords over again.

Is there a way to copy user identities from one identity to another??? I still cannot figure out why the printer does not get recognized in the original identity. Kenn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections