LS
Posted By
Lucie_South
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone please tell me where in Preferences do I turn on Tool Tips. I have searched and searched. I have done a search in the help manual. I have gone through every Preference. I cannot find it. I have Acrobat 7.0 Professional installed at home on a PC. Tool Tips is obviously on. When I hover my mouse around the tools, it shows me what that tool is, including the gray bar to show what Toolbar I’m looking at. I have Acrobat 7.0 Professional installed at work on a Mac. Tool Tips is not on. I hover my mouse around all the tools and Toolbars and nothing. Please help. This is driving me nuts.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Aug 22, 2006
the lasso was referred to as the "cowboy tool".

Otherwise known as the "Crint Eastwood"
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 22, 2006
Lucie

This is the Photoshop Windows forum!
LS
Lucie_South
Aug 23, 2006
John

Right you are. But in all fairness, here’s where things went wrong for me. I did a search in the forums for "Tool Tips" and was directed to this forum with this message

"Turning on the cursor-hover Tool Tips, and hesitating long enough for them to appear is a helpful learning aid as well. Plus, it gives you the proper terms to use when you go search the Manual or Help files for more info about them."

Then

"Might not be a bad idea to turn on Tool Tips in Preferences. Then you can see what each tool is."

I didn’t realize I was in the Photoshop forum and of course didn’t realize that "Tool Tips" would apply to Photoshop. I do have Photoshop and checked it out and there it is in General Preferences. Oddly enough, I found out today that it’s probably the same file that controls both programs – specifically "Tool Tips.framework". Just have to figure out how to set it up properly.

My apologies for posting here. I did post in the Acrobat forum. Hopefully will get answer there.

Thank you
Lucie
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 23, 2006
No need to apologise for getting lost in this rabbit warren.

The words "Photoshop Windows" are in very tiny print at the top of the page.
GS
Gustavo Sanchez
Aug 23, 2006
I taught Illustrator for years, and always referred to them with the non-technical terms of "white pointer" and "black pointer." I hope none of my grades ever had problems as a result.

Some of them must have migrated here, Don as we refer to them so as well ;P

Aside, who in the Spanish speaking world would care the Adobe terminology when they insist in changing translations? The arrows keep being black and white <lol>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections