Posted By
tmeszaros
Aug 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When a user tries to use the Save for Web option they get an error message:

Could not complete the export command because of a program error. We are running Windows 2000 and the computer is an Optiplex GX520 (3.0 GHZ) with 512MB. The files they are trying to access are on the server, but the Photoshop program is installed on the workstation. I have another user that is running XP that has no problem getting this feature to save.

Any ideas? This was a new install of the full version, and I did not encounter any error messages during install.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Aug 4, 2006
wrote in message
When a user tries to use the Save for Web option they get an error message:

Could not complete the export command because of a program error. We are running Windows 2000 and the computer is an Optiplex GX520 (3.0 GHZ) with 512MB. The files they are trying to access are on the server, but the Photoshop program is installed on the workstation. I have another user that is running XP that has no problem getting this feature to save.

Any ideas? This was a new install of the full version, and I did not encounter any error messages during install.

Copy the file you want to SftW to the local machine before saving, then send the SftW file back. PS doesn’t like saving across a network and the practice is not supported by Adobe.

HTH

MH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections