D
Posted By
durin
Jul 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The biggest problem is that the "Error 1722" comes from the Windows Installer packages and is not a very descriptive error message. (Do a google for "Error 1722" and you’ll see hundreds of message board posts and support FAQ’s dealing with it.)

It appears as if it’s most likely cause is simply that it is unable to read an installer file correctly, after it gets extraced to Windows temp directory. The needed file may be corrupted during the download, or during extraction. This explains sometimes why redownloading the installation pacakge sometimes resolves the problem. Other times it doesn’t because the installer is trying to call the bad temp file that already exists.

It also seems as if this issue in MSI actually sends an abort command, causing the installers to fail to move on. It’s not strictly an Adobe problem, but does appear to be a Windows issue.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SC
shan_canfield
Sep 21, 2006
the only problem with that routine is that it requires the ahc.exe to launch. Mine won’t launch I get the The instruction at "0x00864a4d" referenced memory a "0x01360b08". The memory could not be "written".
Deleting all those cache files etc, isn’t doing any good if the darn ahc.exe won’t launch to "rebuild" the files. I think this happened to me last year…but I can’t remember how it got solved (gettin old!) Now, it’s happened again. This problem just popped up again TODAY.I’m not missing any of the zip help files for any of my CS2 apps.
I use my help files all the time, and now none of my CS2 apps help files work. Can you just download the ahc.exe file to replace this one? Len…anyone? I also have PC Tools Registry Mechanic and Spyware Doctor. I know Spyware Doc was conflicting with Photoshop, and so I usually have it shut off, anyway. Help!

Shan Canfield
L
LenHewitt
Sep 21, 2006
Shan,

Can you just download the ahc.exe file to replace this one?<<

Help Centre 2.1:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3171
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks Len
I’m only reluctant to download because of the following confusing sentence on the download page-

"The help files associated with each product will be installed along with the product and are not available as part of this download."

To me, it sort of reads like, I will give you a bag of candy but candy is not in the bag.

Reassurance this is a typo?

Thanks!

Shan
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 21, 2006
OK, well I thought I’d try it anyway and this is what I got–click link

<http://www.photoshopmama.net/issues/error_msg.png>

Bad candy?
L
LenHewitt
Sep 21, 2006
Shan,

Reassurance this is a typo?<<

No, it just means the packages files (the .zip files in the packages folder) aren’t included in the download – those are part of their parent applications, not part of the help centre.

this is what I got<<

I would try a complete uninstall/re-install
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 21, 2006
uninstall/reinstall for the entire creative suite?????

Please, I hope not.

mama shan
L
LenHewitt
Sep 22, 2006
It’s not that bad, Shan – about 10 minutes out of your life
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 23, 2006
Well I guess it’s going to be a bit more than that. I went to control panel and selected the Creative 2 Suite, clicked uninstall, and got that awful msg the instruction at 0x00864a4d referenced memory at 0x01040b08. The memory could not be written."
and the uninstall couldn’t finish…actually it did uninstall Acrobat but quit after that. Help!
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 23, 2006
Well I tried again to uninstall, I kept getting the "instruction at…" message" but this time I just clicked ok a couple of times on it, and everything finally did uninstall

However upon re-installation, got the same darn thing, kept clicking ok but got msg boxes that actually referenced the ahc.exe and that instruction at…message, continued with the install….guess what.
Help files still don’t work and I get the same darn message.

So, that took an hour and 50 minutes. But I gotta have the help files so no matter how long it takes, this needs to get fixed. I’m hoping the other gliches I have will get fixed, too. GoLive rarely is able to quit the normal way I usually have to manually force quit.

Help again?

Shan
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 23, 2006
Now, I’m really screwed. Since reinstalling GoLive won’t open "The ordinal 52750 could not be located in dynamic link library GoLive.exe" It also switche dto 52755 number. I NEED to work jobs with this program….LEN help!!!

Shan
L
LenHewitt
Sep 23, 2006
Shan,

You can get free support on installation issues from Customer Support. They will ask you for a CC number, but you won’t be charged.

However, by a freak of bad timing, I believe Adobe are upgrading their Phone system this weekend and their phone support will be out.

Let’s hope by Monday they have it sorted out.

It does sound as though there is something on your system that has got really screwed, though.

It might be worth trying a re-boot into Safe mode and then trying the re-install.
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 23, 2006
Finally got most uninstalled, I had to manually dump some things. Reinstalled the suite and didn’t get those error msgs…but Acrobat wouldn’t install. Kept on saying I already had a version. I clicked uninstall…but it didn’t uninstall it. I have a "ghost" name of Acrobat 5 in the Add/Remove Programs list and cannot get rid of it. Hence, now I am without Acrobat 7. Good news is I got GoLive back…but I ust Acrobat 7 constantly to make my handouts and forms for my students.

I also uninstalled PCTools Spyware Doctor as I was hunching that may have been causing conflicts. Don’t know for sure but I stopped getting those "cannot read memory at xxxxxxxx" msgs.

I seem to remember (but not quite as much as I wish) that there was some kind of executable file you could download that would let you remove names from the Add/Remove Program list. I got on Microsofts site but everything there was "manual" for the registry and the file directory names didn’t match what I have on my XP Professional.

Again. Help. It’s almost dawn and I’m done for the nite.

My original problem is still not solved either. In some programs clicking the help does nothing, in others it pops up a box that says Cannot locate Adobe Help files you may need to reinstall it. Geeesh!
I’m back to square one and minus one program now.

Thanks!
Tired ol’ Mama Shan
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 23, 2006
I’ll call Monday. Thanks Len. I think it’s break time for me with uninstalling and reinstalling. While it only takes 20 minutes to install. The uninstall is excruciatingly slow!
Shan
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 23, 2006
One MS tool that will let you remove items from the uninstall list is the TweakUI Powertoy. Just don’t fiddle with the "autocomplete" item (on a different tab from the uninstall list), which has caused problems for some users in Photoshop with respect to file extensions. It’s available here < http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppow ertoys.mspx>.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 23, 2006
I looked there and couldn’t find it any more.

Where’s it gone?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 23, 2006
It’s the 8th item in the list on the page I linked. To go right to the download, click here < http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-4 5a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe>.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 23, 2006
No, I meant where is it in TweakUI?

I have Version 2.10.0.0.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 24, 2006
Well, surprise, surprise. It isn’t there. I could swear it was there the last time I installed TweakUI a few years ago.
SC
shan_canfield
Sep 24, 2006
I actually found a free program "RegCleaner" and it allowed me to remove the old "ghost" listing of Acrobat 5 from the Add/Remove Programs list, after which I was able to re-install just the Acrobat 7 from the Creative Suite. Whew! Although the help files will not work from within any of the programs, other than Acrobat, at least now I am able to launch the ahc.exe and utilize the help files through that back door. Still want to get the programs back to being able to open them, so I’ll still call support on Monday.
Thanks for the help!

Mama Shan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections