BS
Posted By
Brian_Stenton
Jul 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded images from a CD with out unchecking the read only option to Photoshop starter edition 3.0. There is no avenue to do this now under properties. To further compound this the CD is missing. I’m pretty sure its hopeless but is there anyway to reverse the "read only" on those images. Thank you in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 31, 2006
if they’re on your hard drive, you use windows explorer to select them, right click, select "properties" and there should be a read only check box in there for you to un-check.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 31, 2006
I’m pretty sure its hopeless but is there anyway to reverse the "read only" on those images

As Dave says, use Windows Explorer.

However, I really don’t see what the problem is. If you can read them, you can open them in Photoshop. All you need do then is Save-As under another name.
BS
Brian_Stenton
Aug 1, 2006
I have tried to find them under windows explorer, could not find. As chrisjbirchall recommended I tried the Save-As but that is not an option when I right click on the image. Thanks to both for the suggestions but I feel I’m missing something.
C
chrisjbirchall
Aug 1, 2006
Save-As but that is not an option when I right click on the image

"…open them in Photoshop. All you need do then is Save-As under another name.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections