JM
Posted By
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the parser module. Why do I always get the error "cannot open because the parser module cannot parse the file"?

It is a huge matter. I cannot open eps images I am downloading from client website.

Can this be fixed. I am on 10.2.8 and PS 7.0.1

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 26, 2004
Because the EPS file you’re trying to parse couldn’t be parsed. (in simpler terms: something is wrong with the EPS file, or it’s not really an EPS file in the first place).
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
I know that, But it happens to files I have created on this computer as well.
R
Ram
Aug 26, 2004
Jennifer,

If you have NAV (Norton Anti Virus) active, disable it or trash it.
G1
guest_101
Aug 26, 2004
I’m having the same problem. I am exporting a graph (in Deltagraph) as an EPS file and trying to open it in acrobat and I am getting the same message. I’m almost certain that this computer does not have NAV. Can it possible be something wrong with either deltagraph or acrobat?
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
Ramon, I wil try that and let you know if it works. But it is making sense now, thinking back it did all start when I installed NAV
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 27, 2004
Try the ultimate can-opener: Illustrator.

Open a new Illustrator file and "Place" the errant EPS. Export to Photoshop or Save As a PDF.

If that still doesn’t work, you are probably out of luck.
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 30, 2004
Yeah! Turning off NAV worked!!!
R
Ram
Aug 30, 2004
Jennifer,

Glad it worked. Actually, I was pretty confident that it would. 🙂

My practice is to never let anything with the Norton name reside on my hard disk. It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections