MF
Posted By
Michael_Fer
Jul 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I create a file in Photoshop CS and save as and .png, I view it later and it is skewed. So then I import it into AE and resize it and render it as a PNG. Is there a setting I need to change?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 27, 2006
What does "skewed" mean – it becomes a trapezoid?

How are you viewing it so that it appears skewed – in PS? What happens if you use Save For Web and save it as a PNG?
P
Phosphor
Jul 27, 2006
Let’s get the definitions out of the way:
MF
Michael_Fer
Jul 28, 2006
I save it is PS and it looks like this in MS photo viewer:

<http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g271/Myhousemf/Logo.png>

I import it into AE and it is still like this I resize it and render it as a png and it comes out like this:

< http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g271/Myhousemf/Logo00000.p ng>

I don’t want to have to resize it.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 28, 2006
Phos, I was being extreme for the sake of example. that said, a trapezoid is skewed, just on a different plane.

Michael,

I don’t know squat about AE – maybe it’s resizing the image when you import it. But the issue you seem to be having trouble with is image dimensions, not skew <smile>.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 28, 2006
And your image is not skewed, it’s stretched.

Are you sure you have square pixels set in Photoshop?

(Image -> Pixel Aspect Ratio)
P
Phosphor
Jul 28, 2006
I wasn’t necessarily pointing that infographic at you, Tony. I made it just as a general thing for anyone who happened to wander in.

"Skewed" is one of those terms that many people use incorrectly to describe something that is actually rotated. And the distinction is an important one, because those two different deviations from upright-and-square can be caused by very different things.

One example: When I was managing and working on high speed/high volume laser printing, rotational aberration was almost always fixed by some simple adjustments to the physical document path through the machine, and possibly common mechanical parts replacement. Skewed documents were the result of bad circuit boards that had to be replaced in the DocuTech system at a cost of pretty near $25,000.
P
Phosphor
Jul 28, 2006
Oh, and C.N. hit the nail on the head. This is a case of pixel-aspect ratio being imported into AfterEffects. (Don’t have PS CS, so I can’t be more specific).
P
Phosphor
Jul 28, 2006
Oh, and a little further clarification, just for you, Tony.

🙂 XD

Trapezoidal "skewing" is commonly referred to as "keystoning."

Brought to you by the Glossary Action Committee For Uniform Understanding, a/k/a The GAC FUU.

😉
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 28, 2006
Phos,

Is "anal retentive" hypenated? Kidding.

I wasn’t necessarily pointing that infographic at you

No, I got your point. I was jest havin fun
P
Phosphor
Jul 28, 2006
I dunno. But if was really A.R., I’d be in a worrying tizzy over whether—as a native Pennsylvanian—I’m reverentially required to capitalize "keystoning."
MF
Michael_Fer
Jul 28, 2006
Thanks. That was the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections