R
Posted By
Ruairi
Jul 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi – I’ve searched alot and have not found a fix for my problem, hence this post.

I’m running CS (upgrade) on a new Dell d620 intel core duo with 2gb ram. Problem is that everything functions fine until I try and edit text, pshop freezes and has to be process ended to get out of it.

I’ve tried reinstalling my fonts (still has only dell shipped fonts), tried disabling plugin/extensions for MMX, done the multiprocessor support update and still no luck..

Anyone?? Help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 27, 2006
Welcome!
Have you tried deleting your preferences?
R
Ruairi
Jul 27, 2006
Thanks Pierre..

Yes I’ve tried that a few times… just installed font doctor and it did find a corrupt file, removed that.. deleted prefs and restarted pshop still no luck.. 🙁
R
Ruairi
Sep 14, 2006
Bumpedy bump bump … again any takers? Also installed Illustrator CS 2 and that quits once I perform any action.

this is pits.. 🙁
R
Ruairi
Sep 19, 2006
I have found the cause of this error (thanks for your help invisible comrades… :))

The problem centered around the regional / local language settings and a conflict in there. I picked that info up on a board elsewhere.

Hopefully it will aid someone else when they encounter similar weirdness.
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 19, 2006
It would be nice to find out WHAT settings caused/cured the problem…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections