S
Posted By
shermin
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The second monitor was on but I was not using it.(Photoshop full screen, not in a window)Checked this anyway before posting. Never change screen resolution so that was not the cause. Deleting the prefs solved the problem, but I sure wish I knew what I did to cause the problem. Thanks for the input.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 26, 2006
Deleting the prefs solved the problem, but I sure wish I knew what I did to cause the problem.

It was off screen. Likely because it expected to be on the second monitor. Resetting prefs puts it back to the default.
S
shermin
Jul 27, 2006
I had been using Levels without problem on several files prior to the dialog box going AWOL. Would your response still apply in this case? An off screen dialog box makes sense if the problem had occurred when Levels was first opened, but in my case I wonder if there’s another explanation. Thanks for your patience.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 27, 2006
Note that the dialog saves it’s location when you close the box.

In the five or so years that I have been contributing to this forum, I’ve not seen another reason reported. That’s about as much as I can say about it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections