How Would I Paint (Tint) Lips and Eyes on a B&W Photo?

DS
Posted By
David_Spiegel
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What would be the best method to Tint eyes and lips on a photo after I convert it to B&W?

Or can anyone direct me to a site or tutorial that can help me?

Thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 19, 2006
make sure you change the image> mode back to rgb after you desaturate it.

make a selection in your fav way (one way is select a soft brush and use "Q" – quick mask to paint the selection)

add a hue/saturation adjustment layer and set to colorize.

repeat for lips and eyes.
HB
Heather Bell
Jul 19, 2006
Create a new layer, use lasso tool to outline lips with a 5px feather, fill with a color, set mode to screen, overlay, colorburn, etc and play with opacity until it looks like you want it too. Do same thing with eyes on another layer, but use the circle and then hold down alt and draw an interior circle so you’re not colorizing the pupil. Refine fills using eraser etc, possibly removing anyplace where there is a highlight from the color overlay, glint on the iris etc. I find this the best way to add color, it can be subtle and controlled as you add elements of color so that you can adjust each layer as others form for balance.
Sorry, I don’t know any tutorial websites.
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 19, 2006
Are you saying it was already color and you converted it to grayscale? If so, first take a snapshot, desaturate the image and then use the history brush to paint the color back.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 19, 2006

1… 2…. 3! there’s at least 3 ways to do almost ANYthing in photoshop! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections