SM
Posted By
Stephen_Maltzman
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new computer and have older versions of photoshop and elements. They satisfy my needs and no need to update.
I have a new computer running windows xp. 1 g ram; dual processors.

I get the following when I attempt to load elements 2.
My problem is not with the serial number.
When I attempt to load the program I get
1. the welcome screen
2. language screen
3. licence agreement
4. installation screen
Now when I click on install the program does stalls and does nothing. Nowhere does it ask for my serial number

Trying to load photoshop 4 and upgrade 5 I get

a message that "this program needs 3mb of free
virtual memory to run"
Than I click setup and the disk spins and nothing happens.

My computer is a brand new dell xps 400……I have plenty of free virtual memory.

Any help will be appreciated as adobe has no info on older versions of their products.

sdm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AC
Art Campbell
Jul 19, 2006
This is sort of a rhetorical question…. but why would you expect PS 4&5 to load and work on a computer and operating system that uses hardware and other memory management strategies that hadn’t been dreamed of when PS 4&5 shipped?

I think you either need to match the computer hardware and OS to the capabilities of the programs you want to run (unlikely), or upgrade to a newer version that will run on your new system.

Art
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 19, 2006
You don’t need to install PS 4.0 in order to install the upgrade to 5.0. Just install 5. I don’t remember if it just wan’t the 4.0 serial number or if you have to insert the CD or floppy disk 1 during the install.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections