DJ
Posted By
David Jameson
Jul 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I have a collection of images of all different width x height combinations, I’d like to have a batch based mechanism that will reduce the image size so that the maximum dimension size is some given value. So suppose I want images reduced so that the maximum dimension is 4". How can I create an action that will look at both the width and the height values, determine which is larger, and resize each image so that the longer dimension is now 4" – and in particular, if both the width and height are less than 4", then it should not do any processing, i.e, I don’t want smaller images to be enlarged.

Am I stuck with having to write raw javascript to do this?

Thanks,
David Jameson

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 13, 2006
"David Jameson" wrote in message
If I have a collection of images of all different width x height combinations, I’d like to have a batch based mechanism that will reduce the image size so that the maximum dimension size is some given value. So suppose I want images reduced so that the maximum dimension is 4". How can I create an action that will look at both the width and the height values, determine which is larger, and resize each image so that the longer dimension is now 4" – and in particular, if both the width and height are less than 4", then it should not do any processing, i.e, I don’t want smaller images to be enlarged.

Thanks,
David Jameson
David,

Automate -> Fit Image?
Or if you use the Image Processor script (either from Bridge or from Photoshop > Scripts) and set width and height to 4" it will resize the longest dimension to 4" by whatever the present aspect ratio determines.This could enlarge the smaller images though.

MH
DJ
David Jameson
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for responding – I appreciate it – I’ll try your suggestions.

David

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message

Thanks,
David Jameson
David,

Automate -> Fit Image?
Or if you use the Image Processor script (either from Bridge or from Photoshop > Scripts) and set width and height to 4" it will resize the longest dimension to 4" by whatever the present aspect ratio determines.This could enlarge the smaller images though.
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for responding – I appreciate it – I’ll try your suggestions.
David

You’re very welcome.

MH
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message

Thanks,
David Jameson
David,

Automate -> Fit Image?
MH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections