Posted By
michaelJ
Jun 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greets all,

Are there any plugins or functions in PS (CS2) that will allow you to change the perspective of an image, or object in an image? more complex objects such as cars and the like?

Perhaps something like ImageAlign (http://www.dphoto.us/news/node/view/312) only maybe a bit more powerful. For example, say I got a shot of a car at around a 30 degree angle from the side, and want it to look like the shot was taken more directly from the side. I think traditionally this has been tediously done by making a selection of the object and then using the free transform functions to play around with it long enough to get a reasonably good looking final image.

As both a PS and Lightwave 3D user, I can tell you that for Lightwave there is a plugin which will allow you to import a picture, draw a bunch of lines to match that picture, and then slowly start building a 3D model based on that picture.

Although this would be much less complex in PS (as it need not be 3D), I figure there has to be something like it for PS which will allow substantial perspective changes of an image. Any advice or info much appreciated.

MJ

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Jun 9, 2006
Michael J. wrote in
news::

Greets all,

Are there any plugins or functions in PS (CS2) that will allow you to change the perspective of an image, or object in an image? more complex objects such as cars and the like?

Perhaps something like ImageAlign
(http://www.dphoto.us/news/node/view/312) only maybe a bit more powerful. For example, say I got a shot of a car at around a 30 degree angle from the side, and want it to look like the shot was taken more directly from the side. I think traditionally this has been tediously done by making a selection of the object and then using the free transform functions to play around with it long enough to get a reasonably good looking final image.

As both a PS and Lightwave 3D user, I can tell you that for Lightwave there is a plugin which will allow you to import a picture, draw a bunch of lines to match that picture, and then slowly start building a 3D model based on that picture.

Although this would be much less complex in PS (as it need not be 3D), I figure there has to be something like it for PS which will allow substantial perspective changes of an image. Any advice or info much appreciated.

MJ

Transform command (ctrl T) USE THE SHIFT KEY and pull the corners

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections